Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunrise/Sunset

This is the most excited David could look Monday night, on his way to
MIDDLE SCHOOL ORIENTATION
I tried to not get weepy, but it's hard.
I know I've blogged about this before but every first thing with David is hard on me!
I can't beleive it's been almost 13 years since he first came into this world,
and now my little guy is going to Middle School.
He has athletics first period and football after school, he'll have fun in his theater arts class and science. I am sure his English class will be filled with fun books, the summer reading assignment was great, (David, Robert and I all enjoyed it) and he's always good in Math. This year Crosby decided to do a two hour block for math, way to go Crosby, No Math Student Left Behind!
I know it will be a great year for him, but each year gets him that much closer to college, his mission and then just coming home for a weekend visit here and there.
Perhaps I'm being dramatic.
This is David doing his best Lucas Mason interpretation of Cool.
I took him on Tuesday to get his Equipment checked out.
This picture is actually deep inside the boys locker room.
My first visit in the boys locker room.
Scratch that from my bucket list!
They gave the boys their football gear and a locker. David's combo was wrong, but I couldn't help myself, I had to help a bunch of other boys I knew from Quentin's football team or Boy Scouts. None of them knew how to do a combination.
And they were all sooo nervous.
David, however, knew very well, it was just they gave him the wrong numbers
On the way home I asked him if he was embarrassed that I was helping the other kids.
And he said, "Mom that's just you being you, I can't stop you from being you"
He CRACKS me up.
I can't wait to sit in the cougar bleachers with all my bling bling, rooting him on and also his teammates, that I helped on that first day.
And if you wonder why it's hard for me to cut the cord
at the mean streets of Crosby Middle School,
it's because I think of him like these above pictures, somewhere between two and three.

4 comments:

Jan said...

So bittersweet, isn't it? It's so good for them to be growing up and moving on - -but so hard to watch it happen. (and it seems to happen so fast!)

Love his comment about you just being you - -don't ever stop doing that! Love you! xoxo

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Awe...I would like to tell you it gets easier...vut I just cried as Nick drove away on his first day of his Senior year. Time flies by way to fast. College is a blink of an eye for me at this point...enjoy the years with your kids and make every moment the best!

Rebecca and Co. said...

I do know what you mean, Kareena. It really doesn't seem like much time at all between toddlerhood and entering middle school. Your last picture kind of brought back a flood of memories of baby Mary, because she also had that musical toy (that started as a baby toy she layed under and became a keyboard when she could stand). It sound likes your boy is quite ready for success in 6th grade! Good luck to you both, Kareena!

Gildashane said...

Can't believe he's in Middle School...just yesterday he was in Primary. Blink your eyes and they're grown!

Holy Coupons Batman

Background