Friday, June 26, 2009

Lest we Forget, Farrah Passed away too....


When I was a little girl I LOVED CHARLIE'S ANGELS!!!
I don't think I identified with Jill Munroe as much as I did Kelly, but I always thought it would be wonderful to be her. It would be awesome to have that beautiful blonde hair all big and feathery and have her amazing voice and look like she did as she ran around catching bad guys for Charlie. I thought being married to the million dollar man, would be a dream come true.

She also looked amazing in a swim suit.

I wanted to be a cute girl from a small town in Texas.

I would tell a joke that I didn't understand, it went like this,

"Why does Lee Majors hate plumbers?"

"Because they are always trying to turn on his fawcett."

I was a bit older when she shocked us all with the Burning Bed

I'm sure many people thought she was just another pretty face. But when she made that movie, she put a face and a name on spousal abuse. Before that movie, nobody talked about it. I beleive there are many women out there who owe their life to this movie.

She was in a lesser known movie called, "See you in the morning." It also starred a young adorable Drew Barrymore and I beleive Jeff Bridges. She played his beautiful model first wife, not really a stretch for her, but I remember crying my eyes out during the film.

I was a little disturbed when she was on David Letterman that one time and she quite frankly lost her mind, I worried about her.

When she started showing her artwork, I was again amazed by her talent. I wish she could have won her battle with cancer.

I feel like we really lost an angel.

What makes me the angriest is that her death is being eclipsed by the death of Michael Jackson. Who cares that we have one less pedophile on earth?

At least with Farrah, all you have to say is her name, you don't need to add a last name.

Rest in Peace Farrah

5 comments:

Heather said...

I agree about the death of this Angel versus the loss of MJ. Good bye Farrah. . .

Nay's Mom said...

I actually commented to baby's daddy yesterday that MJ stole all of Farrah's thunder. It also irritates me how the media is portraying MJ as this wonderful man....a year ago they were calling him a nutcase!

Renae said...

I cried when I watched a commentary on Farrah's life. Her long devotion to Ryan is sweet. I admit I am enjoying some of MJ's songs being played on the radio and them taking me back to life in the 80's, but there's no comparison between the two. I wanted to name Avery, Farrah, but Eric vetoed that one.

Steph said...

Thanks for sharing!
I loved Charlie's Angel's too, and still find myself watching now and then. Farrah was a great lady.

Yennigirl said...

Oh man, I LOVED Charlie's Angels too. My friends and I would "play" Charlies Angels while other girls were playing House. I did read though that 64% of people think the the MJ hype is over hyped.

Holy Coupons Batman

Background