Monday, June 14, 2010

What Summer Means to Me


My favorite thing about Summer is staying up late and sleeping way TOO LATE!!! Joely epitomized this today. Last night She stayed up way past midnight and this picture was taken today at noon. She rolled out of the rack in time for lunch. Now we are "fixin" to go to the River Beach in our neighborhood. For the record, I woke up at 9:30 which was AWESOME-- While I was at seminary graduation, President Banks mentioned how even though he no longer teaches seminary he still gets up at five am to study. I'm not delusional, I am not attempting that and I was glad he didn't pronounce it in terms of "divine inspiration" because frankly I'm not sure I could handle that edict, this summer- For now staying up late and sleeping late are summers' greatest joys and since all the camps are done with, we can all do both!

3 comments:

Jan said...

I always said that Seminary screwed up my body clock - I got up at 4 a.m. for years after I stopped teacher (taught for 15 years) -- but now, finally, I am a normal sleeper-inner (at least a little bit.). Enjoy it!!

I so love it that you love teaching seminary. I sure did.

Jan said...

Oops - not teacher - -teaching. Duh.

Scrapbookallie said...

yah goodie.....I'll have to call you when I can't sleep!

Holy Coupons Batman

Background