Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Prince David celebrates the advent of his eleventh year


In addition to it being David's birthday it's also day two of Red Ribbon Week.

Today is retro day.

He told me last night before bed that he wanted to dress up.

I'm not my mom, I can't pull something fabulous out of thin air-

so this was the best I could do, a greaser circa 1950.

I can't beleive 11 years have passed.

He's such a great kid.

He's also very very funny. You have to listen close because it's sometimes quite subtle.

He's got a great sense of humor.

Here are a few of his favorite things

His mama- (LOL)

Pokemon

Video games

Cartoons

Missing school

His grandparents (really should be number one spot)


Another thing he has shown an interest in is "bulking up" and he's been bugging us to get him a weight set. I didn't want to go all nutso and buy him a brand new set to rust away- so I went to craigslist and with the help of Rob's parents-

He got his wish.

A "new" weight set.

Without the grandparents truck and muscle , Robert and I would still be trying to fit it in the mini van.

Clearly he's thrilled. Soon he will be building brawn and dawn and "pumping it up"- we'll call him Arnold soon enough.

He had a great birthday, he got an "early" birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Mullens a couple of weeks ago. (Scribblenauts for DS- sweet)
My mom and dad were with him this weekend and so he got another early gift (fossile fighters for ds- apparently it's AWESOME)

And then last night Grandma showed up with Action Replay a device that lets you get cheat codes for various games. He's been bugging me for months to get him that- I refused but that's what grandparents are for, to get things that parents dont' want to get.

He's having a great day so far and it's only going to get better-

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Happy Birthday to David!!!! I can't believe he is 11 already. Have fun celebrating.

Heather said...

Congratulations David! We hope your birthday is an awesome one. Lift some weights for us!

geraldandmeganlove said...

Awesome craigslist find. Tell David Happy Birthday and I expect to see some Arnold results soon.

Barbi by the Sea said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog. I love to see your young'uns
they are beautiful. I do remember you when.... you were one. About 15-16. Loved your sense of humor and happy to know you are still so fun. Please give your mom a big Hello! for me. Have a grand day!

4Girls4Me said...

So sweet! I hope he had a great day with his new weights and all his boy toys that are completely foreign to me. :)

Holy Coupons Batman

Background